In order to make sure that you are drinking pure water, you should strongly consider a suitable water filtration system. A good water filter will prevent contamination in your water to getting to you or your family but greatly 98%+) reducing a larger number of things that shouldn’t be in your water, like lead or mercury. A reverse-osmosis water filtration system is the best weapon that you can use to omit germs and other pollutants from your drinking water.
But which filter is right for you?
What Is A Reverse-Osmosis Water Filter?
A reverse-osmosis, or “RO,” water filter uses a semi-permeable membrane to filter out contaminants from water. The filter system at your home is integrated with the water supply line while it is installed and the whole apparatus — the tank, the lines, and the filter(s) — usually sits right below your sink. RO filters are typically “under-the-sink” style, thought they can be whole-house or of other types.
Not sure you need a reverse-osmosis water filter? Here is our guide to the types of water filters.
Top Reverse-Osmosis Filters of 2020
Here are the top RO water filters and their details that would help you to choose the best.
The Aquasana OptimH2O Reverse Osmosis is an under-the-sink RO filter from one of the most highly rated brands in drinking water filtration today. This filter has the best qualifications of any RO filter sold in 2020. It’s the RO equivalent of Aquasa’s popular AQ-5300 line of filters.
- NSF/ANSI 42, 53, 401, 58, and P473 certified
- Maximum removal of VOCs, herbicides, pharmaceuticals, PFOA and PFOS
- Included plastic-free faucet
- 0.5 gallons/minute flow rate
- Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 12.5 inches
iSpring RCC7AK 6-Stage Filter
The iSpring 6-Stage filter is a constant top-seller that’s designed to maintain the mineral balance and alkalinity in the water while filtering out everything you want removed. . It uses ultra-safe RO technology to kill 99 percent of the germs that are present in the water. Other harmful contaminants like chlorine, fluoride, arsenic, etc are also removed from the water.
- Three long-life filters for removing contaminants
- Ultra-fine RO filter that can remove minute particles as small as 0.0001 microns.
- Great tasting quality water
- Easy to install
- RCC7AK filter adds up as an additional 6th layer of filtering
Whirlpool WHER25 Reverse-Osmosis with Chrome faucet
If you are looking for a brand you know, then it doesn’t get much bigger than Whirlpool. The WHER25 RO filter brings a blend of superb design and technology to your household equipment. The WHER25 RO model is simply designed effective water purifier system that uses easy to replace cartridges in a 3-stage filter configuration.
- NSF/ANSI Standard 42 and 58 certified
- 3-stage water purifier system that outperforms many 5- and 6-stage designs
- Easy to swap filter cartridges that can be replaced very quickly and in a hassle-free way.
- Compact design that enables it to fit well under sinks
- 6-month filter life
- Includes dedicated faucet
Express Water UV RO Water filtration system
This Express Water RO filter (model ROALKUV10M) filters water in 11 stages. It is an under-sink water filter system that integrates with the water supply line and then heading directly to a dedicated cold filtered water faucet.
- UV sterilization for enhanced elimination of coliform, viruses, bacteria and E. Coli
- 11-stage filtration
- 11th stage is carbon filter for taste enhancement
- Leak detector mechanism in each filter
- 1-year warranty
APEC Water Systems ROES-50 essence series
The popular APEC ROES-50 reverse-osmosis filter belongs to the Essence series of water filters. It has been suitably designed for superior performance from one of the top filter brands in the US.
- Close competitor to the iSpring RCC7AK 6-Stage
- WQA certified system
- 2-year warranty available on successful registration
- Leak-free fittings that ensure safety
- Designed and assemble in the US
- Dimensions: 16 x 5.25 x 17.5 inches
Waterdrop G2 Tankless Reverse Osmosis Filter
You might recognize an RO system by its large tank, but that’s no longer mandatory. A tankless RO filter drops the large metal tank and combines the water holding zone with a modern-looking appliance that also houses the filters. These models come at a price premium, but they look great and save space.
One of the top picks in the tankless segment is the Waterdrop WD-G2-B. This is an ideal pick if you have limited space as it’s much smaller than a traditional RO filter.
- 0.28 gallons/minute flow rate
- Internal pump design reduces noise
- Included drinking water faucet
- Note: Requires under the sink electricity to power the pump
- 1:1 drain rate is 3-4x more water efficient than other designs
- Dimensions: 17.32 x 5.91 x 13.9 inches (total unit)